Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11th

I was very shocked to find out that a friend of mine from middle school (whom I have not talked to since the end of eighth grade) was arrested for killing a man with a shot gun during a robbery. My friend was the robber and not the victim. I just cannot stop thinking about where I would be today if I would have stayed friends with Anthony and went to the same high school as him. Essentially, Anthony’s life is over now. He will most likely spend the rest of his life in prison. What a waste.

On July 15th, 2006 my life was forever changed. I spent 26 days in the hospital on the edge of death. I cannot stop thinking about what ifs in my head. What if I would have ignored the pain and never went to the hospital? I could have died at home or I could of have been physically disabled for the rest of my life. What if I would have been in an area without the sophisticated technology that the University of Maryland had? The life that I have now could be very different. I very well could have died.

I know God has a plan for me and for some reason he has chosen me. I almost feel selfish that my life has turned out significantly better than others. I just cannot stop thinking that if I would have made some different choices in my life that I could be in that jail cell with Anthony.

Four more days till the two year mark…

1 comment:

dyannanoble said...

Hey Matty Cakes!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's too bad that he chose that path. I hope that you have hope and that he has hope. (gosh) lots of times prison can lead us to have significant experiences. There is a reason a lot of people find God in prison. Check out www.aboundinglove.org. It's Tex Watson's prison ministry organization. he was a part of the Manson family and found great peace and a calling in prison. your friend may not, but hopefully he'll be able to find peace and so will his victim

keep your head up!

 
Blogging LutheransPowered By Ringsurf