Friday, June 5, 2009

After completing my first week of CPE at Reading Hospital I now know why Luther saw the world as "hell." Between the trauma calls and deaths on the floors my days have been kept very busy. I met some very warm and loving patients and families and very cold and harsh patients; patients with very stable minds to patients who are on the brink of a mental break down. The world that I see at Reading Hospital is a very hurt world. When I walk through the hospital I think about Martin Luther. I think about what was going through his mind when he turned his house into a hospital for people who were suffering from the Black Plague. I think about all the hurting and all the suffering that Luther saw. No wonder he thought earth was hell. But I think Luther was wrong in not seeing the good. Luther missed all the care he provided to those dying and sometimes people just want to be heard and remembered. Just something to think about...

No comments:

 
Blogging LutheransPowered By Ringsurf